Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Back From The Dead
I'm really digging this vintage horror film poster styled ad for Energizer! It reminds me of those old black and white films with the standard "creepy" topography like from "Creature from the Black Lagoon." The whole layout of this ad has a cheesy tagline and has movie style credits. At first glance it truly looks like an old movie poster, but then the contemporary aspects sink in, like the cell phones. It's cool how the screens are like glowing creature eyes. The retro letters are orange and have such a strong contrast against the blues. In the background, the lightning generates a static audio when I look at it. The electrical feel is very energetic and livens the image. The overall piece is very fun! The image was created by Owen Richardson. I found it in Workbook Illustration 31.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment