Friday, January 17, 2014

Week 1: Diving Right In

Classes have started again and I figured this week might be kind of laid-back. Boy, I was wrong. Taking on three studio-based classes among another regular class seems a bit much. After coming across this picture in How Magazine (August 2002 issue) for Fraser Papers, I related to it based on this week. The woman in the picture is unflinching and unafraid of the unknown outcome. She seems very bold but very calm at the same time. There's two apples beneath her feet which shows that she's been the stand for the apple target successfully beforehand. Now that a man is pointing another arrow at the fresh apple on her head, she looks confident that the outcome will result in success once again. This visual mindset is one that I can take and use for my endeavors in my classes. Fear of the unknown may be present, but being confident in yourself and of your abilities can lead you to success time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment