Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Let's Go Get Lost

This image was a 3D type experiment by a studio called Words are Pictures. The designer's name is Craig Ward. He used a Futura (sculptural) principal typeface. The words are in your face and bold. The 3D effect is very creative because it not only has a three dimensional block effect, but the backs of some of the letters take off in a roundabout motion. These letters seem to be travelling in an energetic and spontaneous movement. Cool colors are used, but there's a balance of lights and darks. There's bright, sometimes white fronts of the letters contrasting with a very dark and mostly black background. I love how the message of "Let's go get lost" has a sense of urgency in the way the letter's have a movement. I also love the black shadowed background hinting at the unknown and mysterious places one can get lost. I found this image in Typeface: Classic Typography for Contemporary Design by Tamye Riggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment