Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cryptic Static Screens

I've always found it exciting to not completely see something in an image until a little later on, and then BAM! Something smacks you right straight in the face and you are able to see an image within an image that had been there all along. In this case, the letters are a little easier to pick out, but can still be a bit difficult to see right away. I love how the only way you can see the letters through the static on the television screens is solely because of a very slight variation in the lines. The subtle variation of the thickness of the lines in specific spots makes all the difference. I thought this was a very innovative and creative use of typography. I imagine that the artist had to have been in a very playful mood to experiment and come up with a fresh and progressive way to use Futura (modified). The image is of a poster created by The Small Stakes design studio. The designer was Jason Munn and his client was The National. I found this image in Typeface: Classic Typography for Contemporary Design by Tamye Riggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment