Thursday, March 6, 2014
Pinocchio, You Are a Real Boy!
This image is of course the highly recognizable, Pinocchio! This cartoon movie is one of my all-time favorite Disney films. As soon as I saw these sketches, I knew I had to write a blog post about them. Concept art is one of the most fun types of art there is, in my opinion. I get to enjoy watching other's bring their concept art sketches to life every week on the Syfy original TV series, "Face Off." I love doing concept art myself. It's very fun and invigorating to see how some basic shapes can turn into little sketches, which then morph into actual cartoons, sculptures, TV characters, etc. You can see the different expressions on Pinocchio and the different angles. Even though these are simply flat, two-dimensional drawings, they are not static whatsoever. There's a lot of movement in these pictures as Pinocchio strolls around or hops up into the air. There's a lot of joy in these images, along with an energetic and playful tone. I can't help but put a smile on my face when I look at them. I found these sketches in "Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life" by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment