Thursday, February 6, 2014

Crazy Bird

This post is just one of many that I'm going to address my love for Marshall Arisman. His work has been featured on the covers of Time and The New York Times Book Review, as well as being displayed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, among other museums. I found this image in the "Art Directors Annual: 90" and was immediately drawn to it. I have a profound love for animals, especially fascinating birds, so this image really stuck out. The background is very warm, but the industrialized body and "feathers" of the bird are shiny and metallic looking, and appear to be cold to the touch. It appears this bird was made out of scrap metal and is some kind of robot, which makes it seem other-worldly. I would love to have a sculpture of this.

2 comments:

  1. You really have a nice way of describing and interpreting the images in your blogs, Brandon! Also, I like how you add a little about yourself. Very cool image.

    ReplyDelete